Updated January 2023
6 News is looking for qualified candidates for supervising studio production for 6 News. The pay is awesome at $14 an hour. your responsibilities is to handle the teleprompter for the anchors to read the copy without needing to control their prompters, controlling robotic cameras, and giving cues to talent. A floor director helps make a studio feel less lonely with the talent. No previous experience is needed.
General Assignment Reporter
Channel 6 is looking for reporters outside of enterprise and special projects to cover the goings-on in local town boards, school districts, etc. The stories are typically same-day and experience in covering breaking events is ideal. This is a full time position with. base salary at $22,000 with benefits, and time off. For people retained with BCOP-TV for every year at the station you can accrued 5 vacation days.
BCOP 6 News is looking for a weekend reporter to cover a large region. Limited Experience, or out of school candidates are strongly recommended to apply to a station well respected in a market that goes for miles and miles. Base salary is at $22,000 with benefits, paid time off, paid sick leave, and up to 10 paid holidays.
Digital Operations Center (Ingest Supervisor)
BCOP-TV is seeking candidates for a part time position to handle media for programming on Channel 6. This job requires the responsibilities such as
- Checking FTP, satellite or microwave transmission of content
- Cataloging it’s information or metadata
- Managing media storage, purging, deleting or adding media on the storage platforms
Such freedoms from this job includes paid time off, up to 2 weeks of vacation and up to 3 weeks if working in a larger market for more than 5 years, base pay is at $22 an hour previous knowledge of systems such as Avid, Florical Systems, Microsoft and Linux storage is preferred.
We are looking for a very talented person to work in our finance department. BCOP-TV generates millions annually for Channel 6 as well as our media productions and radio stations. We need a well versed financial manager to:
- Oversee accounts payable
- Supervises accounts receivable
- Ability to manage expense reports
- Supervise contracts/bids for projects
- Handles quarterly financial summaries
- Experience with Miniware ERP
- At least 4 years of higher education in Business and or finance
6 News New Hampshire Associate Project Supervisor
BCOP-TV is expanding to Southern New Hampshire. The minfiig-based TV station is looking for individuals who can build a news and local media production at scale. We are looking for professionals who are willing to work with a handful of Minifig professionals. We are not looking for local-amateur types
- Strong functioning knowledge of Electronic News Gathering
- Strong knowledge of remote streaming (Livestream Pro, Dejoro, LiveU)
- Experience in Avid Media Composer or GV Edius
- Producing on PC-based control rooms (Open Broadcast Studio or Tricaster)
- The ability to run at a scale of a large market station with about 10 assigned minifigures
- Design workflows for production in news and local interest content (ala Great Day)
Previous experience with Mac OS X, Windows 7 and greater, Panasonic and Canon cameras, NLEs and file-based workflows in a ENG (“the ‘live-look’ effects); in real time urgent manner. Previous expierence in either EFP, ENG, local news, local media (like Great DayI) is recommended)